• Hallo nochmal noch eine Frage wie lange hält so eine T-Max überhaupt kann man da locker 100000 oder mehr km drauffahren ich hoffe schon !!
    Und ist die T-Max mit 500cm 2 Zylinder und 42 PS nicht unterversorgt geht da nicht 60 PS oder 70 PS ???
    Es kommt ja jetzt im Herbst die Gilera 800 P oder so raus die hat dann so 80 PS und und geht 200 Kmh oder schneller ??

Greetings Dubdread

• Falls du die mechanische Zuverlässigkeit des Motors meinst,habe ich noch nicht getestet.Mein 1. hatte kurz vor 70000 Km drauf,als wir gewaltsam getrennt wurden.Bis dahin wurden noch nicht einmal die Ventile eingestellt.
    Ich traue dem Motor wesentlich mehr als 100000 Km Laufleistung zu,bevor der Motor geöffnet werden muß.
    60-70 PS wären schon wünschenswert.Das Fahrwerk wäre damit bestimmt nicht überfordert.
    Aber,man muss auch noch Träume haben.

Tmax,the most intelligent kind of motorbiking. :daumenhoch:

Ein Leben ohne Tmax ist möglich,aber fast sinnlos.

Ach,nochwas: Frauen können manchmal auch Spaß machen.

• Stimme meinem Vorredner (Vieltexter) ausnahmsweise zu :D :D
    Beim Tmax kommt's eigentlich auf viel Drehmoment an , weniger auf die endleistung bei Drehzahl XX
    Schnellerfahren muss ich nicht (fahre selten Autobahn),
    auf der Landstrasse mehr Dampf wünsche ich mir manchmal.

War neulich mit einer Honda-Varadero (98 PS) unterwegs im Steigerwald,
    der hatte wirklich Mühe dranzubleiben , solange es Kurvig war :D :D
    Hab allerdings auch alles gegeben 8o

Siehe auch hier:
    Wir wollen ja nicht blöd sterben:Gilera 800

• Erster Motor 95000KM, dann leider defekt weil Ölverlust durch falsch befestigten Ölfilter.
    Bis dahin kein messbarer Ölverbrauch.
    Der Motor ist gut für 200TKM.
    Thomas

• Entschuldigen Sie mein Google Deutsch, aber fragen Sie sich, was Menschen mit einem Tmax mit + 100k km auf ihrem Tmax erlebt haben. Modell (MkI oder MkIII usw.) und ob Reparaturen zusätzlich zur regelmäßigen Wartung durchgeführt wurden.

Mit Gruss :)

• Frag mal Georges.

Ich fahre meine immer nur bis 80000 Km und habe bis dahin keine Reparaturen gehabt.

Eine Reparatur der Kupplung war mal nötig,verursacht durch falsches Öl.

Ventilspiel sollte intervallmäßig überprüft worden sein.

Tmax,the most intelligent kind of motorbiking. :daumenhoch:

Ein Leben ohne Tmax ist möglich,aber fast sinnlos.

Ach,nochwas: Frauen können manchmal auch Spaß machen.

• Entschuldigen Sie mein Google Deutsch, aber fragen Sie sich, was Menschen mit einem Tmax mit + 100k km auf ihrem Tmax erlebt haben. Modell (MkI oder MkIII usw.) und ob Reparaturen zusätzlich zur regelmäßigen Wartung durchgeführt wurden.

Mit Gruss :)

Brakballe - maybe it would be easier to explain your ideas/request in English language...., many here in this forum can speak and of course ^^ write in English language.

• In English: I'm asking for yours experience with a Tmax with +100k kms on the odo and at what km.stand yours needed eventually perform extra repairs.

I also like to know version (like 2002, 5GJ1, Mk I).

I expect the experiences is from a Tmax where the regular inspections is performed and NO aftermarket modifications that affects the reliability is done.

Any repairs besides normal maintenance? Clutch? Brakes? Stator? Oil consumption? Fuel pump? Fork seals? et cetera..

Most will need a valve adjustment at 40k since especially like all Jap bikes the exhaust valves will creep more or less.

Did she need adjustments again at 80K? 120K?

I will highly appreciate any shared experiences!

I am also active on https://www.facebook.com/groups/656646774676744/ where I try help people.

This is a closed group but if you PM me with a good reason I will sneak you in via the back door ;)

And yes the profile pic is me... :P

• I am also active on https://www.facebook.com/groups/656646774676744/ where I try help people.

This is a closed group but if you PM me with a good reason I will sneak you in via the back door ;)

Jan, I'm already active in this group as well. However, unfortunately I can't help you in this particular case as my Tmax is still almost new.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Thomas ()

• Hi Brakballe:

Regarding your requests: We have here in this forum several guys who had or have more than 100k kms on their Tmax - odo. All models! Except of course the new ones because they didn't not have to time to reach 100k.:)

If you warm up the engine before high engine revolution and if you do no not tune the engine, maintain according to Yamaha guidelines with regular oil changes you shouldn't have any problems to reach 100k kms.

Of course due to different models you might have some problems with fuel pump (SJ06 model with injection) etc. But - the engine is not related to this. Every engine of TMax should be a able to reach 100k without any damage. Few SJ09 models experienced problems with the "drive shaft in the transmission" (am not sure if this is the right wording).

But - as far as I know no engine damage of any models (without tuning). Of course it is not possible in 2 or 3 sentences to explain everything you requested for.

You can also use the "search function" in this forum (but of course only in german language). Maybe you find some English forums to receive more information.

But - relax - if you can afford it, buy a new model, if you buy an older model, check the bike's history and maintenance documentation and condition and enjoy. If you buy on occasion, the best is to have somebody with you who knows the Tmax scooter or consider to consult an Yamaha dealer to have a close look on it.

Best rgrds,

Robomoto